alternative: \ȯl-ˈtər-nə-tiv, al·ter·na·tive, adjective
offering or expressing a choice
different from the usual or conventional: such as existing or functioning outside the established cultural, social, or economic system.
At YVHS we embrace the concept of alternative education. Recognizing that every person learns in unique and different ways, we encourage individuality and understand that students excel when challenged to achieve their full potential. Our curriculum is structured around the student’s individual needs, ensuring they are prepared for success after high school.
- Experiential Education
- Family Atmosphere
- Small Class Size
- Flexible Curriculum
- Personalized Learning Plans
- Quarter Scheduling
- Work Based Learning and Internships
- Blended and Online Learning Opportunities
- Field Trips
- Concurrent Enrollment with CMC
- Outdoor Physical Education
- Access to Steamboat Springs High School Classes and Activities